Saturday 10 January 2015

Access to Justice 10k - Thailand

Race: Access to Justice 10k
Distance: 10k
Location: Huey Tueng Tao, Chaing Mai, Thailand.
Country: Thailand
Website: Here
Results: Not published
Location Map: Here 

The hotel where we stayed had communal bicycles for guests to use during their stay. We made use of them to get to the start. It was a typically early start to avoid the heat and we left the hotel in the dark well before 6am. There was a strange feeling of freedom as we cycled along the lanes from the hotel in the general direction of where we thought we needed to be. Our way was illuminated vaguely by dynamo lights working from the front wheel.

I never really woke up for this one. 
The race was run by a international NGO which supports access to justice for those that might not know about it.  there was a high energy environment at the race start but I was only just waking up. The 10k event ran around the lower roAds of Doi Suthep Country Park. I remember feeling knackered throughout this race, I don't think I ever really woke up. At half way i was offered ammonia on a stick. I thought it was an energy product and i was just saved from eating it whole by the shriek of the marshall who gestured to me to wave it under my nose to revive me. I didn't thin I looked that rough.
Thai post race food. 

I was really glad to finish in 1hour 1 minute, a hard race indeed . After the race I ate noodles and a porridge like substance before cycling back to the hotel for a well deserved bottle of Chang.   

No comments:

Post a Comment